Hello everybody,
I'm a beginner in the world of game programming. I'm working on Pacman project in C/C++. I want to know if any such 2d game requires an IDE to compile or execute it succesfully? Or is it possible to write a program to run Pacman with graphics.h and other ordinary functions?

I want to know if any such 2d game requires an IDE to compile or execute it succesfully?

Using a modern IDE would definitely be a good way to go since you have a lot of options with them and your life would be much easier. (if this is what you wanted to know)

Or is it possible to write a program to run Pacman with graphics.h and other ordinary functions?

By graphics.h, i assume you mean using graphic libraries provided by Turbo C? Well maybe it is possible. I recently saw someone program Fruit Ninja for TI-83! :) Video

So, what could be done using that is really a question of how well you use the library and other things. But, IMHO, Turbo C is quite old and doesn't adhere to the new C/C++ standards. So, it would be a good idea to shift to a modern IDE and use a multi-platform API like OpenGL.

Also, there are several sprite animation based libraries available which, i highly doubt you could use with Turbo C.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.