Hi..

Iv'e got this realy annoying error,,
as soon as I start up mij PC it says

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/SPOPSETU.EXE

This program has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Pleas contact .. blablabla

I don't know what it means :-|
and i want to get rid of it it it realy annoying the hell out of me

Plz help me

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

maybe its a virus or something like that?? I have no such file on my computer and I have Visual C++ 2005 Pro and VC++ 6.0 installed. Is your computer setup to be an e-mail server or web server (mine is NOT)? If not, then move the file someplace else and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then I'd suggest just deleting it.

ivé already tried that,, i deleted the file .. but the error still keeps showing up and i cant find the file anymore :S

Hello,

I have moved this thread, and am assuming that you have a Win 2K or XP computer that this is happening on. My guess is that you have a registry issue.

Not knowing what is causing the problem, if it was my machine, I would backup the data, and re-install the OS and your applications.

Christian

Download hijackthis from here: http://tinyurl.com/yslp

Extract the file on your desktop.

Run a scan and look for SPOPSETU.EXE in the list. Check it and click fix checked. See if that resolved the problem.

Also post your hijackthis log here. I honestly think that the SPOPSETU.EXE is a spyware application and you might have more problems than that.

Download hijackthis from here: http://tinyurl.com/yslp

Extract the file on your desktop.

Run a scan and look for SPOPSETU.EXE in the list. Check it and click fix checked. See if that resolved the problem.

Also post your hijackthis log here. I honestly think that the SPOPSETU.EXE is a spyware application and you might have more problems than that.

Just a note: If you have a HiJackThis log, please post it in our Viruses, Spyware, and other Nasties forum. If you need to, provide a link to this thread in the post you create over there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.