I have a Code::Blocks project that includes a perl script which creates a c++ source file containing a linked list; the linked list is built by parsing special comments that may be included in all of the project's other .cpp files. The script is desinged to automate the creation of the linked list without human intervention, even if a new .cpp file is added to the project. I need this script to run every time the project is built, but I can't find anywhere in Code::Blocks where a "Build Always" option may be set. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What you're probably looking for this the pre/post build steps tab under your project's Build Options... menu, which will allow you to set certain scripts to be executed whenever you build your project. Go to Project > Build Options... and then go to the tab that says Pre/Post build steps.

Thanks, I'll try that.

That did it. I was looking under Project | Properties instead of under Build Options.

Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.