For instance , i need store a database of a student.i will get all the details through the respective fields like name , no , mark1 , mark2 , mark3 etc.. nw i need to save this information . how do i do it ?.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

do you mean inserting data to database ?

Saving to a database you will need a connection to the database. This is dependant on the database used (access, MySql, MS Sql etc.).

Once a connection has been established, you need to build a recordset (input from your respective fields) and then update the record, which will be a saved record in your database.

how can i do it in VB 2008? . i am making a student database like database in ms excel.
Other than the name and number of the students , for marks calculation i have separate coding.i am done with desing and coding part , like , you can enter the student details marks , avg , comments on his/her performance. now i need to save the database. like in ms excel spreadsheet ???
how can i make it?

what kind of database you want to use?
And how far you doing this?

First off your question should probably be in the VB.net forum. That being said here's some material on building a database in VB 2008, for you to read. Once you have some code that you have a hard time getting it to work let us know.

Its a student database . contains the info of students like name , exam no , marks in different subjects, average ,total. The vb form window looks similar to MS excel spreadsheet. one form consist of details of 30 students.Now i need to save this window similar to saving a spreadsheet file in ms excel. how can i make it ?

am i making it clear ?

alot will depend on the specific control that is being used. What code are you using?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.