I have a project. the project is:
In the game of craps, a pass line bet proceeds as follows. Two six-sided dice are rolled; the first roll of the dice in a craps round is called the "come out roll." A come out roll of 7 or 11 automatically wins, and a come out roll of 2, 3, or 12 automatically loses. If 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 is rolled on the come out roll, that number becomes "the point." The player keeps rolling the dice until either 7 or the point is rolled. If the point is rolled first, then the player wins the bet. If a 7 is rolled first, then the player loses.

Write a program that simulates a game of craps using these rules without human input. Instead of asking for a wager, the program should calculate whether the player would win or lose. The program should simulate rolling the two dice and calculate the sum. Add a loop so that the program plays 10,000 games. Add counters that count how many times the player wins, and how many times the player loses. At the end of the 10,000 games, compute the probability of winning [i.e., Wins / (Wins + Losses)] and output this value. Over the long run, who is going to win the most games, you or the house?

Note: To generate a random number X, where 0 <= X < 1, use X = Math.random();. For example, multiplying Math.random() by 6 and converting to an integer results in a random integer that is between 0 and 5.

And, I already have some, I just havd no idea how to do the next step...

import java.util.Random;

public class Project2 
{

public static void main(String[] args) 
    {
        Random rand = new Random();

int grt=10000;//game run times
        int dice3=0;
        for(int i=0; i<100; i++)
        {
           int dice1 = (int)((Math.random()*6)+ 1);
           int dice2 =  rand.nextInt(6)+1;
           dice3  = (dice1 + dice2);
        }

if(dice3 == 2 || dice3 == 3 || dice3 == 12)
        {
             System.out.println("you lose");
        }
        else if(dice3 == 7 || dice3 == 11)
        {
             System.out.println("you win"); 
        }
        else
            {
             System.out.println("Your point is "+dice3);

}
        }

}

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Write a method that rolls two dice and returns the value. Then write a method that does a come out roll and returns a win, a loss, or a point. Then write a method that does an entire game: a come out roll and then repeated rolls until the result is determined and a win or a loss is returned. Then in your main you just need to call the game method 10,000 times.

It is almost always true of problems that they can be made easy by breaking them into small pieces.

thanks for your reply, actually I just stuck at the part of reroll the dice, see it equals to the point or 7, I really have no idea for doing that. can you give me some ideas how fix it please?

Generate two random numbers 1-6, add them together, test the result for ==7 or whatever else you need.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.