hi!guys
pay some attention there thanks
can any one tell be what is the difference b/t java and java script..
According to my point of view java is programing language that used for the application development..but i have a little knowledge about java script i think it is client side scripting language....and nothing else...........

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Here is the difference quoted from http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_javascript.xml

How is JavaScript different from Java?
The JavaScript programming language, developed by Netscape, Inc., is not part of the Java platform.
JavaScript, does not create applets or stand-alone applications. In its most common form today, JavaScript resides inside HTML documents, and can provide levels of interactivity to web pages that are not achievable with simple HTML.

Listed are key differences between the Java and JavaScript.
Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.
Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine or browser while JavaScript code is run on a browser only.
Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.
They require different plug-ins.

hopefully it will clear your doubts

one is a complete programming language, that can be used to create stand alone and web applications, the other is a scripting language, which can only run front-end in a webbrowser.
it would be easier to answer the question: what do they have in common?
1. they both have 'Java' in their name.
2. their syntaxis LOOK the same, but they are not.
well, that about sums it up.

there is talk that both 'll be more integrated with each other in a future version of Java, but that 's not the case yet.

commented: Nice comparison. +13

, the other is a scripting language, which can only run front-end in a webbrowser.

This isn't true; look at Node.js. It provides all the API calls required to do I/O (network connections, read/write files etc.), integrate with other C/C++ API's out there (by writing node.js libraries which wrap them) etc. In short, a stand-alone Javascript implementation. Of course, it isn't the first; there are others like Rhino, an implementation of Javascript in Java.

can u xplain more about differences between java and java script with examples

they are two entirely different things. summing up 'more differences with examples' might lead to a collection of posts that could easily fill an entire library.
what do you need to know that isn't mentioned yet?

Key differences between Java and JavaScript:
Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.
Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine while JavaScript code is run on a browser only.
Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.
They require different plug-ins.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.