Hi,
i'm ann from philippines:p and i just want to ask how to install the program i made in visual basic 6?:?: do i need to make an installer?:rolleyes: can anyone teach me how? :sad: Pleaszzzzzzzzzzeeee...:cheesy:

thanks...:lol:

Note: please be specific.:!:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You push make or something similar in the file menu where save and open etc... is and then it makes a .exe program file in the project directory. This is all u need to run it, no installer

thanks!!! its working.... what if i need to install it in other computer? meaning, it was made for users in a company.... as far as i remember my proffesor taught me how to make an installer of a program in vb6 butso sad i already forgot it... can you please help me again?

If its just a simple program (no dlls or libaries) an installer is not needed. There is a thing called the setup utility or something in the VB 5/6 start menu you can use to make one though

There are lotsa free installer makers to download You could always make a self extracting zip archive using winzip or You can get VB.NET 2005 Express for free download by the way for 1 year and yu can import your VB 6 (NOT 5) code and it has a nicwe installer project wizard thing

Hi Ann,

To create an install program for your project, run the Package & Deployment Wizard. This can be found in the tools folder. (Start bar... All Programs... Microsoft Visual Studio... Tools...)

This is quite easy to use.

pG

The package and deployment wizard is the way to go. It's simple, free, and works well. If you want to do it yourself, you'll have to use a language that doesn't require runtimes, and can build stand alones. Batch files work alright for this, since all you are doing is copying over the runtime files and registering the .dll's. Qbasic was also pretty handy for creating the mini-installer, which did the above mentioned, and then spawned the VB app. I stand next to pG's suggestion however, and recommend the package and deployment wizard.

Hi Ann,

To create an install program for your project, run the Package & Deployment Wizard. This can be found in the tools folder. (Start bar... All Programs... Microsoft Visual Studio... Tools...)

This is quite easy to use.

pG

About installers.. i recomand to all of you to use: InnoSetup Installer. It is a free softare, has a nice GUI and ou can make your own scripts. It's the best for my opinion!

if I have a java program .exe, well 3, and I want to write a VB6 program to install them, how can I do that?
Thanks!!
P Brooke

hmmm...anyone has full installer vb6??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.