Hi All,

I want a make a system logger in java to track all the activity that is going on my system.

1)User Login
2)File Copy
3)Other Activities

But,Being a beginner I don't have much knoweldge regarding my goal.

Please provide your valuable feedback.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

why would you want to do this in Java?
looks like you're choosing the wrong tool for the job.

try this;

import org.apache.commons.logging.Log; // use commons-loggins.jar api
import org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory;

public class test {

private static final Log LOG = LogFactory.getLog(test.class);

test(){

LOG.info("this is a test info");
LOG.error("this is a test error ");
// there is more you can try it 
// best regards 
}

}

203428: that would work GREAT to log what your Java code is doing, but have you read the request of what he's actually looking for?

@stultuske

so what you suggest?

ahh soory , i didn't read the request very well,
so you loking for something like keylogger + and event recorder, yes.

I want a make a system logger in java to track all the activity that is going on my system.

but i think nobody can give a formelle or a complete project or give the write answer for what you looking for because your quation is big and huge.

But,Being a beginner I don't have much knoweldge regarding my goal

you must start by anything not waiting us to give the fish; and if you get some problemes in your programm architecture or your code than you can post it, and we try to give an answer.

hope be claire

Subhraakasuny: my suggestion would be: first do some research and try and find a language in which something like this can be written.
best way to start is: find out why Java can't/shouldn't be used for this purpose.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.