hi there
i am an software developer.till date i have created many web applications/websites. but now i want to develope an software which will be offline that is desktop based software. the problem is this that can i use C# and .net 4.0 for this or i have to use somthing else. how can i develop stand alone software through microsoft VS 2010. if not then what other options did i have or should i use.
the software which i want to develop will be connected to DB and it will work on the networking etc.
txs

You can certainly use C# and .NET for desktop applications. While I do some web development at work, most of it is desktop/server apps and plugins.

In Visual Studio, simply choose to make a new Console, Windows Forms, or WPF project to get started. Though be aware that there are differences in terms of available UI controls, options, and ways of putting everything together that may complicate the learning curve relative to the web development you're used to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.