Hi, I have started this project and come to the point where I can't figure out how to finish it.
First Want to say that I'm noob for VB6 and programming in general, but I saw some examples and make it work this part of job I need.

I will upload complete project, and sample text file, and screen shoot also, where I have explained how I want my app to work.

So, please take a look and help me if you can :)

in short - I need app to write text file with specific number of lines, continuing to write other lines till it comes to empty text box. Also,
counter should count total number of lines starting with value that user specified in text box.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Hello,
I have changed the normal text boxes to text box arrays.
Created a loop.
And because you have a veryyyy big number in a counter the standard 1+1 = 2 operation didn't work so I find some functions on the net to add two very big numbers.

Pozdrav, nadam se da će ti pomoći.
Davor

Hi dageci, thanks for your help. I didn't realise that such a big number requres to use functions like you did. Maybe it would be much more easier for me to use that number as a two separated numbers like (string 12000000) + 001234 because these 6 digits can last about 5+ years for me :)
However, app is doing great job counting lines in a file. Now one thing still missing. If you can help and make it to write a number of lines that user wants. For example, in a text4 field, if I type 20, to get 20 lines of data I typed, counted and then 30 lines of data I entered in second line etc...

The counter is counting every line, or only the text box step?

Is this correct?
(Project in att)

Counter count every line just like you make it to work :) Thanks a lot. Here is example of lines I need to send tomorow (just to remove censured content).

However, one strange behaviour I noticed. Vhen I place a start number for counting, in a text file I receive good result, but on the form that number changes for some reason.. Any idea why is that? You can try. Place this number in that box and make some lines to see how it changes.. 1200000000230797
and one more thing, each time I execute program to test it, after closin project I receive msg to save changes?

Thanks man..

However, one strange behaviour I noticed. Vhen I place a start number for counting, in a text file I receive good result, but on the form that number changes for some reason..

I have removed that. See code in attachment.

and one more thing, each time I execute program to test it, after closin project I receive msg to save changes?

Don't know why it ask you that everytime. Try compiling to .exe and use the compiled version.

Davor

I can't see working app right now because at home I use ubuntu. Tomorow I will try code. I believe it works fine.

Question is, how to donate for your effort using this site? Or just go to PayPal and make pavement directly to your email?

Someone answer on my last question so I can close this thread tomorrow as solved.

Hm, about PayPal.
If you want, my PayPal mail is davor.geci (at) gmail.com
This is a nice surprise. :-)

@dageci thanks. This app is working great. I have just sent 625 lines of text and I hope that it will go thru the system...

P.S. check your email or PP account..

Great to hear thast it works.
And Ivan thnx for PP :-)
Piva će pasati sutra u subotu, a i djeca će se veseliti sladoledu.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.