please , tell me how i should start making a simple search engine.......what are the things i will need to learn.And how should i proceed?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Depending on what you are searching through, the root form of storage tends to be some sort of database - and SQL is how you generally interact with those.

Then you need methods for quickly searching data, as well as making searches relevant, considering human error - so the basics of machine learning are the follow up to learning SQL and SQL query optimization.

From there it's picking a language to write your machine learning algorithm, and setting it free to make the world a better place.

You can use Google CSE to design a custom search. You can decide what domains or pages are searchable in your engine, and customize a weighted algorithm.

Or ... you can use something like SphinxSearch or Lucene. Lucene is actually pretty popular.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.