I have an MFC dialog app with several Text controls. All but controls get filled in with UpdateData at dialog initialization via calls like: DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_MY_STATIC, MyText ); . Next, the user checkmarks a checkbox and the ON_ function for the checkbox gets control, running several functions. One of those functions has a loop that invokes MyText.SetWindowText(somestring) followed by multiple sequential calls to CreateProcess each followed by a WaitForSingleProcess. MyText is a CStatic field attached to the control. Here is the problem: I get the output of the first and last SetWindowText calls, but nothing in between. The created processes take about 2 minutes to run, so there should be sufficient time to see the text in my dialog window.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The issue is one I've seen over and over on MFC and other apps. There are many priors so look at a few more to see if you can find one you feel applies. For my app I had to add a doevents() call to let Windows process the update.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.