the condition of the laptop that I use with 4GB memory specifications
does this correlate directly while executing the process
compile, while if I compile the program with
VB6 installed on windows 7 32bit no problem or
the visual basic has stopped working error doesn't happen

thanks for the enlightenment

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It's hard to offer a solution when you haven't described the problem other than "stopped working". What has changed since it "was working"?

hi @Reverend Jim

But why is it that when I compile the source program via the package deployment wizard it can run smoothly until it produces an exe file

Best regards,

My take is that with security updates to the Windows OS, even W7 and the age of VB6 all bets are off that an app made with VB6 is a roll of the dice.

I know as we continued support and fixes on our old VB6 apps till the clients felt it was getting too expensive to maintain which was the truth.

We found ourselves reaching the limits of what we could fix and are glad we could call an end to the VB6 apps.

rproffitt hits the nail on the head. You must have updated your windows updates and an updated file somewhere is blocking the age old usage of VB6.

You will probably have to re-register your DLL, OCX etc files for it to work again or move back to a previous windows update version.

commented: Are you sure that if Windows 10 has been updated, automatically recompiling the program via Visual Basic 6 will definitely work?? +4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.