can somone help me! where can i find a turbo C compiler that has a BGI!
Coz i have a program that have some graphics but i can't run it through my compiler coz it doesn't have a BGI! is there someone who knows where i can find a complete compiler of turbo C with BGI!(borland graphic interface).
I had been searching on the net for 6 hrs. but i still can't find a complete compiler!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

probably because BGI requires a 32-bit compiler, which TurboC is not. Upgrade to one of the free compilers mentioned in that link.

where can i find a turbo C compiler

That thing's old and outdated. Get yourself a copy of Dev-C++ or Visual Studio Express.

probably because BGI requires a 32-bit compiler, which TurboC is not. Upgrade to one of the free compilers mentioned in that link.

Just the opposite. I was using BGI back with Turbo C++ 1.

Download from Borland:
Turbo C++ version 1.01
Turbo C++ version 2.01

Other old Borland stuff can be found here.

Instead of using Libraray which draws out jagged circles and which are non standard, better start using OpenGL since it has the same learning curve as that of your BGI (atleast for the basic things) and is much more useful and much more fun.

For eg. if you have to draw out a circle using the circle equation, you could use something like this:

while (some_control_loop) {
  // calculate the values of x and y using the std eqs.

glBegin(GL_LINES);

// All lines lie in the xy plane.
z = 0.0f;
for(angle = 0.0f; angle <= GL_PI; angle += (GL_PI/20.0f))
  {
  // Top half of the circle
  x = 50.0f*sin(angle);
  y = 50.0f*cos(angle);
  glVertex3f(x, y, z);    // First endpoint of line

// Bottom half of the circle
  x = 50.0f*sin(angle + GL_PI);
  y = 50.0f*cos(angle + GL_PI);
  glVertex3f(x, y, z);    // Second endpoint of line
  }

// Done drawing points
glEnd();

Well this is a simple eg which shows how u can draw a circle.
Hope it helped, bye.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.