I got an error as "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: JBuilder".my programe is create simple jframe and show hellow world on it.
i think this is some problem with JBuilder, because when i run the same programe with "IntelliJ IDEA" did not get that error.

thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Check that you have JBuilder imported. If you do, and it still doesn't work, we'll need to see some code.

Check that you have JBuilder imported. If you do, and it still doesn't work, we'll need to see some code.

sory i was unable to understand what is mean by "JBuilder imported". this is the first time im using JBuilder.

thank you.

Ah, don't worry about that. i thought you were referencing a class, but you are using an IDE called JBuilder. My mistake.

Could you post your code up here? Remember to wrap it in [C0DE][/C0DE] tags.

Ah, don't worry about that. i thought you were referencing a class, but you are using an IDE called JBuilder. My mistake.

Could you post your code up here? Remember to wrap it in [C0DE][/C0DE] tags.

import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;
public class CreateGUI{
    public void createAndShowGUI(){

JFrame myFram = new JFrame();
        myFram.setDefaultCloseOperation(myFram.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
        Container contentPane = myFram.getContentPane();

JLabel myLable = new JLabel("hellow world");
        contentPane.add(myLable);

myFram.pack();
        myFram.setVisible(true);

}
}

public class TestGUI {
    public static void main (String[] args){
        CreateGUI myGui = new CreateGUI();
        myGui.createAndShowGUI();
    }
}

this is my simple programe. 

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JANAKA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JANAKA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JANAKA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]the below is the error massage that i got

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main
Exception in thread "main" 

but the most terrible problem is, when i copy these two classes into a new project that was created by same JBuilder IDE, it is running properly.
i want to find why is that
please help me

thanks

how are you calling the thing?
You're doing something wrong, which is typical of people stepping outside the world of IDEs for the first time.

Do you have two class files or do you have only one class file?

The compiler is having problems finding your main method. With a program this simple, one class is more than sufficient, so I'd suggest taking your main method out of TestGUI and trying to compile with it inside CreateGUI (btw, this should be called something more distinctive, like HelloWorld; a classname should tell you something about what the class is for).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.