Dear all,

im new to this forum.can u pls help me to do this one.
i am reading a particular pdf file and searching for a particular word and how time it occured means number of occurences in that file..
pls assist me to do this one

Thanx in advance..
Ram Krishna

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Dear all,

im new to this forum.can u pls help me to do this one.
i am reading a particular pdf file and searching for a particular word and how time it occured means number of occurences in that file..
pls assist me to do this one

Thanx in advance..
Ram Krishna

Do you already know how to read a pdf file? how the format, and so on?

regards,
Lok

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I'd imagine you'd have to use some external pdf library which integrates with c# to convert the file into plain text.

Once that's done, you would just write a program as normal.

The PDF format is exceedingly complex, and Adobe's developer tools are buggy and virtually unsupported. I would look at a 3rd party tool set such as those provided by PDF Tools AG. They are COM objects, so you'll need to create a COM wrapper.

I've also had partial success automating Acrobat's "search" function. However, Acrobat is not .NET compatible.

Yes, I agree with iamthwee and tgreer. That's why I'm asking you whether you already know how to read the pdf file or not. Since it's a big obstacle to solve first, before goes into your main destination :)

regards,

Lok

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.