I created a file that some vice presidents are looking at. They are very inexperienced with excel and I am trying to think of every possible error that could happen. However I know of an error but do not know how to fix it. They open the file, and it prompts them to enable or disenable macros. They enable but their security of their excel does not allow them to view my file and then the macros do not work. I know you can fix this by adjusting your security, and then saving to your c drive but should I or could I create a macro to change their settings so they can view my presentation?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

How is the macro going to change the security settings, if the settings don't allow macros?

thats the problem, I have no way to preempt the problem

You probably can't do it with the excel object..... if the excel object DOES offer security setting attributes, then you'd have to do it with an external script, like a .vbs or an exe.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.