How would someone go about building an audio conversion program using VB.NET 2005? Or more specifically, say I wanted to build a program that would allow the user to select a *.WMA file and convert it to a *.WAV file. From a design standpoint, thats a pretty easy setup; couple labels, a textbox and a button. But from the code aspect I'm sure there are codecs to deal with as well as some other things. Just looking for a nudge in the right direction. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:)

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ChadW

It's always easier to download something that is already made. But, what fun is that? And, kind of defeats the purpose of making your own.

It's always easier to download something that is already made. But, what fun is that? And, kind of defeats the purpose of making your own.

I guess, however, I would imagine the conversion to be highly abstract. I.e dealing with code on a byte, perhaps even bit level. This is not my idea of fun.

Personally, I would just steal the hard-core conversion part from somewhere else, and just design the front end of the application.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.