I am new in VB.NET/ASP.NET, I want a user to logon to the aspx page using access level, If Access level is Administrator or User Or Manager different links or page be display or if Access level is User all the link relevent to admin should be disabled visa vesa.

Thank u in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I am new in VB.NET/ASP.NET, I want a user to logon to the aspx page using access level, If Access level is Administrator or User Or Manager different links or page be display or if Access level is User all the link relevent to admin should be disabled visa vesa.

Thank u in advance.

My immediate guess would be that you need to access the registry to somehow tell what privileges that person has?

Thank u in advance.

what you could do is use session variables to hold the access level..
and base on that level disable or enable those link buttons for the individuals.. remember to put those link buttons in table and also on your webform..use flow layout rather than grid, if u need more information let me know..

you can change the access levels from within VS

Its an option under the file-edit-tools-help thing at the top of the IDE

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.