Located in the upper, left-hand corner of the GUI window is a small "Tk "; is it possible to get rid of this entirely? It is only a small detail, but a detail none-the-less that I wish to have control over in regards to the final product.

I would also love to be able to change the color\ theme of the window frame, if possible, but from what I know at this point, it may not be possible as it is (may be) default Windows (?).

Thank-you in advance for any insight into this.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ZZucker

Yes you can change the icon to anything you have:

from Tkinter import *
form1 = Tk()
# use an icon file you have in the working folder
form1.wm_iconbitmap('py.ico')
form1.wm_title('Title')
form1.mainloop()

You could create an icon that blends in with the title color, using something like LiquidIcon from www.x2studios.com (it's nice and free).

from Tkinter import *
form1 = Tk()
form1.wm_title('Title')
form1.mainloop()

You could create an icon that blends in with the title color, using something like LiquidIcon from www.x2studios.com (it's nice and free).

Thank-you very much.

Regards,
sharky_machine

from Tkinter import *
form1 = Tk()
form1.wm_title('Title')
form1.mainloop()

Yes, that worked very well. Thanks again. ;)

It does seem to slow down the actual opening of the window when running the code and displaying the GUI frame.

I really just wish to get rid of the "Tk" logo entirely-- no logo at all, just silver, Window theme. I tried modifying the code you suggested, but it just gave an error on Run.

I will work on this more in the future nearer to program completion.

Please let me know if you know how to remove the icon (of any type) completely.

Regards,
sharky_machine

Create a fully transparent .ico file with liquidIcon and save it use root.wm_iconbitmap('whatever you called your blank icon here.ico') and it should do the trick.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.