Hi everybody, this is my first post to the community and I need your help. I have a final project that I am working on for my C++ programming class. The functional particulars are:
- Program must be command-line based and interactive, allowing the user to control its operation by entering commands. For example, a user may type “add” and the program will respond by asking for data to add. Typing “exit” may end the program.
- Program must manage some type of record- or object-based data. In other words, it must manage multiple instances of the same type of data. So essentially, a collection of objects, each of which contains a collection of objects.
- Ability to accept new data entered by the user.
- Ability to search for specific, previously entered data.
- Ability to save all data to a file.
- Ability to retrieve previously stored data from the file.
- Ability to display a list of all data items and their sub-items.
- Maintainability Requirements:
- Program must have intelligible comments that adequately describe key parts of the code.
- All variables and class names should clearly describe their purpose and use consistent casing. Spelling doesn't’t count, but try your best.
- Program must comprise at least five classes.
- Program must use inheritance and demonstrate polymorphism.
- Program must use at least one loop.
- Program must read and write a file.
This assignment is due in Week 9, and worth 30% of your overall grade.
- Working object-oriented program meeting the above requirements. You must submit all the source code as well as a compiled executable.
- Simple user’s Guide that explains how your program works.
I am looking at the database having these categories: movie name, rating, year, actor(s) name(s), and upcoming releases. I need your help in getting me started and walking me through the fundamentals of writing the program. Your help is greatly appreciated and it will help me learn more about programming.