Hi everyone,

I was trying to load an assembly during runtime from a remote application server using the web configuration file in C#. I created a dll eg. RemoteLib.dll. Then i developed a windows application that uses this dll. eg. testApp. I added a config file "testapp.exe.config" that contained the following coding.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<assemblyIdentity name="lib"
                              culture="neutral" />
<codeBase version="1.0.2622.27241"

in this mca-oa2 is my server name and beuls is the share name. the version i got by copying it to GAC. then i deleted the copy in GAC. i tried on the same machine also. i referred a website and it is given that u have to add the reference. so i added the local reference. and it is loading the assembly from the local directory. when i remove the local dll it is not working. I think the config file does not get executed at all. the pgm searches for the assembly in the local folder or in GAC...thats all. I want to work it using the path in the config file. the assembly is located in e:\beulahc#\lib\lib\bin\Debug\lib.dll. the share name is beuls and the server name is mca-oa2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by beuls

The application tries to locate the dll thru machine.config and fails to recognize the app config file i use.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.