My options in my combobox are added from my mdb database... what I need is for each time my form, or program for that matter loads is to have the selected option default to the option that was last selected. So essentially, I need my combo box to "remember" which record was the last one selected by the user. Can this be done, seems like it should be simple but I haven't been able to find the answer.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My options in my combobox are added from my mdb database... what I need is for each time my form, or program for that matter loads is to have the selected option default to the option that was last selected. So essentially, I need my combo box to "remember" which record was the last one selected by the user. Can this be done, seems like it should be simple but I haven't been able to find the answer.

Hi
I have used vb.net2002 to solve ur problem I hope it will work.
I have used button to show previous selection u may use another thing according to you. The coding is following

Dim Previous As Integer = 0
Dim Current As Integer = 0
Private Sub ComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ComboBox1.SelectedIndexChanged
Previous = Current
Current = ComboBox1.SelectedIndex
End Sub
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
MsgBox(ComboBox1.Items(Previous))
End Sub

Member Avatar for iamthwee

It's pretty obvious, write the last value to a text file, then read that value from the text file every time you start the program.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.