What would need to be done in order to make an application go full screen? this means NO task bar, or Title bar. I did find a small bit of code (a while back), but it didn't work. Any ideas/solutions would be great! :) Thanks!

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by clikka

Set the controlbox property to false and remove the text. Then set then windowstartup to maximum.

Yeah, but that wouldn't be full screen. I actually want it to fill up the screen like a game would, or like powerpoint does when you run the presentation.

How about trying to make the height of the form 1280 or whatever the resolution is, then set the width to 800 or whatever your width is? Set borderstyle to 0 or whatever the noBorder number is.

I don't think that would work because the taskbar would stay on top of the form.

Why does what I suggest not work. It covers the whole screen including the taskbar. To me that is full screen.

Well i'll be! It does work! ;) Thanks.

Is that considered "true" full screen? Either way, i will use it. Thanks again!

Sorry it's been a while; school has been a bit much... :D :p

I guess that would work, too, linux, but what if the user REALLy needs to get to another program? ALT+TAB wouldn't work then, would it?

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
With Me
.MaximizeBox = False
.MinimizeBox = False
' .TopMost = True
.FormBorderStyle = System.Windows.Forms.FormBorderStyle.None
.WindowState = System.Windows.Forms.FormWindowState.Maximized
End With
End Sub

perhaps make it a sub activated by F11 as other apps are

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.