What would need to be done in order to make an application go full screen? this means NO task bar, or Title bar. I did find a small bit of code (a while back), but it didn't work. Any ideas/solutions would be great! :) Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Set the controlbox property to false and remove the text. Then set then windowstartup to maximum.

Yeah, but that wouldn't be full screen. I actually want it to fill up the screen like a game would, or like powerpoint does when you run the presentation.

How about trying to make the height of the form 1280 or whatever the resolution is, then set the width to 800 or whatever your width is? Set borderstyle to 0 or whatever the noBorder number is.

I don't think that would work because the taskbar would stay on top of the form.

Why does what I suggest not work. It covers the whole screen including the taskbar. To me that is full screen.

Why does what I suggest not work. It covers the whole screen including the taskbar. To me that is full screen.

Well i'll be! It does work! ;) Thanks.

Is that considered "true" full screen? Either way, i will use it. Thanks again!

You can use my method, and then set the form to "Always on top."

Sorry it's been a while; school has been a bit much... :D :p

I guess that would work, too, linux, but what if the user REALLy needs to get to another program? ALT+TAB wouldn't work then, would it?

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
With Me
.MaximizeBox = False
.MinimizeBox = False
' .TopMost = True
.FormBorderStyle = System.Windows.Forms.FormBorderStyle.None
.WindowState = System.Windows.Forms.FormWindowState.Maximized
End With
End Sub

perhaps make it a sub activated by F11 as other apps are

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.