jeanray 0 Newbie Poster

Having lost days and days trying to get something from shoutcast stream and get nowhere, it is my belief that I should design my own stream server program, so I can completely control what is going out in the stream (and, hence, be able to read with other programs what IS in the stream!).
I need:
1. My PC as a server (24/7 on-line, fixed IP)
2. Input from "playlist" as a series of MP3 files
3. Input from the sound card as "Live feed" (at intervals)
4. On connect: stream issues a proper header, telling that the next chunk is "live" or "MP3", so chunks are fixed or variable.
5. On streaming MP3s: FULL ID3v2.4 Tags are included in MP3s, ID3v1 tags are removed.
6. On streaming Live: Headers sent every 256x16 bytes (fixed length).
7. The downloadable (or embedded) player (VB6 Player visible at www.tinmandownloads.com) will read all the tags.
8. Reading Live: display a small animated gif, clickable, that will open the tinman website.
9. Reading MP3: displays an image of the Artist, and all ID3 tags (artist, song, etc...). The artist image is clickable and goes directly to the artist's page (tinman), allowing the purchase of the CD... (this is accomplished using the WXXX ID3v2.4 tag, where a reference is added...)
Ouf! Simple specs is it not???
Since I can't control the Shoutcast stream contents, I must do my own stream to prove the functionality.
I got some programs that allow to make my PC a server, but, again, I do not have the code, so I can't control the output.
Is there anyone who knows the codes to make a (stream) server program in VB6?
I have no idea where to start!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.