Hi to all,

How can i access Application data folder irrespective of which OS we have using VB6.0 code?

Is there anything like the one 'app.path'?

Please help me on this...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Application path is set by your installation program. Other wise if you want all the applications that are installed under an OS (windows), you have to search the registry and/or the directory ..\Program Files\the name of the directory containing the application. Normally they have the mnemonic names of the applications.

I don't get the question???!!! App.Path will get the application path for you. What else would you need?

Application path is set by your installation program. Other wise if you want all the applications that are installed under an OS (windows), you have to search the registry and/or the directory ..\Program Files\the name of the directory containing the application. Normally they have the mnemonic names of the applications.

I don't think it has anything to do with an installer. He simply asked regarding VB6 Code :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.