Hey, i have been trying to find a solution of how to do this. Basically i want either a label or something that when you load up the form it shows the users current username like on the About boxes of windows programs or something towards that it says "This program is registered to: [Username]"

But i have had no luck. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks Jezz

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Show us your code.

Show us your code.

Umm, not quite sure what you mean there. Don't quite understand as I am looking for the code to use in the program...

If you want to explain in more detail how you mean i may consider in showing part of the source code of my program.

Form_load event()

label.text = "This product is registered to JBI_UK"

like this? or you want some more features added to it?

If you are using vb 2005 then:
Label1.Text = "This product registered to: " & My.User.Name.ToString

if you are using vb 2002 or 2003 then
Label1.Text = "This product registered to: " & System.Threading.Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.Name

Form_load event()

label.text = "This product is registered to JBI_UK"

like this? or you want some more features added to it?

Thanks but i wanted something more detialed though the post above has really given me what i have been looking for. Thanks for your help though it's nice to see people trying to help unlike other forums. Appreciate it!

If you are using vb 2005 then:
Label1.Text = "This product registered to: " & My.User.Name.ToString

if you are using vb 2002 or 2003 then
Label1.Text = "This product registered to: " & System.Threading.Thread.CurrentPrincipal.Identity.Name

Thanks! This is what i have been looking for! Thanks a lot!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.