hi,everybody
I am study ctypes,and got a big trouble,I googled lots a pages but get no usefull info.
i want to know how to get the interface from winxp by using ctypes,
for example:
I want to use ActiveDesktop 's interface by using ctypes,but i don't know how to do,can anybody help me?
thanks alot~

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

While ctypes is a good thing to know, it will not by itself solve all your problems. To call Windows you will need something like the pywin32 package. Are you aware of this? (Your post makes no reference to it).

yes,I know pywin32,and write a simple software to change desktop automaticly,you can download from http://code.google.com/p/seasoudesktop/ it's default language,if need i can translate into enlish for you.
when a set the desktop ,there is no method to release the memory,I checked c++ 's relative interface,it has a method call relase(),so my software takes so many memory,I google all releative resource,but get no usefull message,can anybody help me ?

I know this is a three year old post, but I was browsing around and found it. I made a desktop picture changer in python also. It doesn't take up any memory.

import ctypes, time, os

p = "Path\to\picture\folder"
SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER = 20 #this and..
os.chdir(p)

while 1:
  for i in os.listdir(os.getcwd()):
    ctypes.windll.user32.SystemParametersInfoA(SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER, 0, i, 0) #...this is what changes the desktop
    time.sleep(600)
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.