I have ubuntu installed on my computer upstairs and gtkmm works just fine on it but i cant figure out how to get it to work on windows. I was wondering first if there was a clearer tutorial than then the one on the gtkmm site.

I downloaded Glade/Gtk+ for Win32. then i downloaded gtkmm. i installed all of these in there default places. the tutorial then asks you to typepkg-config --cflags gtkmm-2.4.

when i enter this command it gives me an error like this package gtkmm-2.4 was not found in the pkg-config search path. perhaps you should add the directory containing 'gtkmm-2.4..pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH enviroment variable no package 'gtkmm-2.4.' found.

it does this even if i cd into bin and i restarted my computer

i also have tried to find a file called gtkmm-2.4 i could only find a file with this name with a dll on the end.

if it helps im using windows xp

i also have mingw downloaded if this can be easier while using that compiler instead.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

anyone have any experience with this?

please help! =)

>anyone have any experience with this?
Bumping a thread is extremely rude and insulting to everyone because it presumes that your question is more important than all of the others when all questions have equal priority to those of us who are answering them.

When someone feels confident in answering your question, you'll get help. Don't bump your thread with pointless inane questions.

> I was wondering first if there was a clearer tutorial than then the one on the gtkmm site.
How about joining the project mailing lists with the hope of getting the project documentation improved.
At least there you will find the highest concentration of people who've probably succeeded in doing this in the past, and who can guide you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.