well i'm a bit of a beginner programmer.. i've taken a few classes but every time i look at a piece of code i get lost easily.

But i do have a question..

I was reading this visual basic book and there was this thing about listing all of these record in order.. kinda like a bunch of arrays.. and organizing them by a certain field.

Well i got to wondering.. all though this would probably be easier if written to a file and taken out one record at a time i guess..

Is it possible to make a variable on the go?

Like say i made a for loop and i only wanted to declare a variable if Something was true, and that changed every time i ran the program. So like a For loop that ran through 100 times. And whatever was true 25%, 50% and 75%

then i'd only want 25 variables, 50 variable then, 75 variables..

so would i be able to make something where i created something like

Variable 1
Variable 2
Variable #

and so on until i didn't need anymore, and then i could easily sort records, and i'd imagine the program would run faster overall. Although i really have no idea i'm more just curious whether it's possible.

Oh and sorry if this is hard to read i'm having trouble expressing my question.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

No, no no no.

It's called using an array. And you populate whatever is true.

oh duh, i feel stupid.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.