Hey guy's i'm riz... Just wanna ask sumthin bout my project.. i can't access my VB project to other computer, i want to run it to diferrent computers and automatically updates the datbase to its main server.. tnx

there is no networking facility available in this context. to update ur data in the main server from diff. computers use a database which can be used in client-server architecture. for example, u can use oracle db for this purpose. install a server copy in a centralized machine and then install separate copies into separate diff. client computers. the centralized machine will become ur data server. to connect the client with the server u have to mention the ip of the server in each of ur client. in oracle u can do this easily by using net config. manager of oracle itself. once these process complete u can send data from diff. computers and it will update ur database into the main server.

hope this helps

regards
Shouvik

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.