I am making an application that will automatically fetch information from database and display it on a textbox based on date. So for example i want to fetch a latest article on feb 25,2016. How do i do that? i need help cus im kinda new to c# Any help would be gladly appreciated. Please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What type of database are you connecting to?

What does your table look like?

What code have you written so far?

OleDbConnection cn = new OleDbConnection();
            cn.ConnectionString = @"Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Users\`Hp\Desktop\PROGRAM1\notificationSystem\notificationSystem\Database.accdb";
            OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand();
            cmd.Connection = cn;
            //reg();
            cn.Open();
            cmd.CommandText = "select article from news where npublished = '" + metroDateTime1.Text + "' AND ntime = '" + label4.Text + "'";
            //AND ntime = '" + label4.Text + "'
            //Scalar executes the fetching of data

var a = cmd.ExecuteScalar();
            //this statement gets the process of getting the data from the database to label          
            if (a != null)
            {
                label1.Text = "" + a.ToString();
                //while in this statement is displaying the data inside the textbox
                metroTextBox2.Text = label1.Text;
            }
            else if (metroTextBox2.Text != null)
            {
                //SEND SMS PROCESS
            }
            else if (metroTextBox2.Text == null)
            {
                //REPEAT FETCH
            }
            cn.Close();

I found a solution but have one problem, the code above works but its a manual fetch so i have to press a button everytime if i want to fetch, and i want to do it automatically and how would i do that?

Please help me on what should i do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.