how to barcode scanner in xamarin.form and connect sql server DataBase

pkmilton31 commented: how to barcode scanner in xamarin.form and connect sql server DataBase +0

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi All,

I want to make barcode scanner in Xamarin.Form and scanner result go to sql server

Small world. I added bar code support to our apps long ago. The work wasn't all that hard. That is we picked up a few USB Bar Code readers which for all intent look like keyboard input. Then I printed out a few barcodes along with what the client provided. In the end the code didn't really change that much from working with the human typing on the keyboard.

Later as I shared with others my experience I would find in most cases the programmer didn't have the barcode scanner. Without the scanner they were essentially lost in a basement with no light.

commented: how to barcode scanner in xamarin.form and connect sql server DataBase +0

I've read your comment and can't see what's stopping you. For us the USB barcode scanner was just like someone typing at the keyboard. Since it works like that, your app would be no different than any other app that has a text box that someone typed into. And storing that to SQL, well, so many examples that I won't think that's the problem.

My bet is you don't have the hardware so it's all a mystery right now.

scanning of barcodes are generated by a remote work company like Google and Microsoft, just work on your sheets after being employed with guidelines from your guide tutorials worldwide Input data in queries and execute .
GOOGLE LLC

commented: That's news to me. Our app uses a piece of hardware we call the USB Barcode Scanner. There is no connection to Google or Microsoft. Please tell more +16

@rproffitt I only know that connection likewise Daniweb LLC USB Barcode Scanner

@jawas, I'd like to see an example of what you claim. Here I am with USB Barcode Scanners such as we see at https://www.amazon.com/Barcode-Scanner/s?k=Barcode+Scanner and not one has a google or microsoft connection. The barcode is read by these as you pull the trigger and the output (most if not all) arrives as if someone typed the contents into a keyboard.

Very simple to support in almost any app or web page.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.