Write a pascal program that accept the name and date of your birth the program should then output your name and date of birth in the format “your name and your date of birth” e.g Pascal your date of birth is 20/10/2023

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello,

An application like this requires variables to store the name and birthday. It requires you to use the writeln() function to output text to prompt the user to enter their name and birthday, and it requires you to use the readln() function to accept the name and birthday from the user.

Using that information, can you see if you can put together some code that might work? It doesn't have to be perfect, but DaniWeb is all about interactive learning instead of us just giving you the answer.

If you don't mind my asking, why Pascal?

If you don't mind my asking, why Pascal?

Back when I began pursuing my degree in 2000, universities were starting to slowly make the transition from teaching predominantly Pascal to predominantly C++. Which, I suppose, does indeed beg the question: Why Pascal in 2023?

Topic adjacent, youtube video shows timeline for language popularity. Pascal peaked in 1980 then dropped out in the mid 90s.

commented: "Delphi/Object Pascal" is listed at #13 on the Tiobe index today, putting it ahead of Ruby, Rust and Swift. +2

Hmm, I'm now thinking that we are getting this all wrong. iyiolamicheal46 said an example output is, "Pascal your date of birth is 20/10/2023" ... Is the sample person's name Pascal?

iyiolamicheal46, can you please help us out here? Help us to help you. Otherwise, we got a nice little conversation about Pascal out of it at least. :)

Oh, never mind. I see what's happened here. iyiolamicheal46 never verified his email address so he isn't receiving any email alerts telling him that we responded to his thread. This is a user experience bug on my end. I should fix it so that he shouldn't have been able to post until verifying his email, because he now has no way of locating this thread again, nor has he received any updates that there have been any replies to it. My bad.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.