Ok, I'm relatively new to php/mysql/apache and I've got myself stuck(I bet that sounds familiar)
Here's where I'm at:
- I successfuly installed Wampserver onto my PC(latest release) and tested that php is working using the phpinfo script(all good);
- I have an installation of oscommerce on my main webserver which i want to work on so have downloaded all files to my pc;
- I also exported the database to an sql file and saved it on my pc;
- I loaded the oscommerce site folder into the appropriate folder for apache(wamp/www);
- I imported the database using phpmyadmin giving it the same name as what was on my webserver;
- I setup a user with the same username and password as I used on the server when installing oscommerce;
- However, when testing my site i get the "Access denied for user..... (using password: YES)"......"unable connect to database" error;
What file/s do i need to be modifying to allow my local installation of oscommerce access to the database?
What i am wanting to do long term is use my local installation as a base for future sites. I just can't quite get my head around how to link the php and mysql database manually.
Much thanks in advance for any help that can be given.