i have wamp server 2.0...iam new user of php..i wrote my script in notepad and saved it in the directory i created in www folder with extension php..but when i tried to run my script using wamp..the script file is with extension .php.txt and the server just displays my entire code..i cannot see my output..apache server was running...kindly anyone help me..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Notepad defaults to the extension .txt. You must change the Save As Type drop down menu to all files. You can also wrap it with quotes to save as .php.

i have wamp server 2.0...iam new user of php..i wrote my script in notepad and saved it in the directory i created in www folder with extension php..but when i tried to run my script using wamp..the script file is with extension .php.txt and the server just displays my entire code..i cannot see my output..apache server was running...kindly anyone help me..

edit http.conf file of apache server to accept .php extensions. also write your php scripts in htdocs directory( a good progamming practice not mandatory)

If you are using Notepad to write your PHP scripts, always change the Save Type to All files when saving.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.