Hi fellas, i got two applications running under the same iis server. I want to pass session variables between these two applications, i.e. authenticate users in one application and allow them access in the other as well. What are my options to achieve this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your easiest and best bet would be to create a transfer page that will read the contents of the current session variable. Then, create a loop that puts down a hidden input field with the id as the name of the session variable, and the value as the session value. Put this within a form and post it to the page on the other application, then loop through and resintate the session variables on the other application.

It's actually quite easy.

Otherwise you will have to change statemodes while many other things.

you can use data base,
from the second application (after authentication has been done) you can query session variable from the browser and check the value of that data from data base.

you can use data base,
from the second application (after authentication has been done) you can query session variable from the browser and check the value of that data from data base.

Thanks DangerDev, sounds logical

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.