HI all ,
I have a question about Ajax.
FIRST : Can I call ID from the other files who contain J.S. code with ID ?
SECOND : I have Index.html , prototype-1.6.0.2.js , and I want to make changes from files2.html to files3.html .
Can I do that ,and how.

Thank y0u f0r your l1f3 t1m3 .

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

> FIRST : Can I call ID from the other files who contain J.S. code with ID ?

As long as the page which includes the script has an element with the given ID and the function using that ID is called after the entire page has been loaded.

> SECOND : I have Index.html , prototype-1.6.0.2.js , and I want to make changes from
> files2.html to files3.html

Questions related to external libraries are better off in their respective forums (i.e. the prototype forum), though I am pretty sure you need a server side language of your choice depending on the kind of 'change' you need.

oh , 1 ) Thanks
2) Can i use Language like PHP ? or what ever you think that easy to learn ?
I am not sure what kind of change would be unless change like example :
In the file2 change a background because file3 got click on his page .
example :
Change file3 his one element ID , because file2 and his pal file1 got name from the user .

Thank y0u 4 y0ur eff0rt to understand .

> Can i use Language like PHP ? or what ever you think that easy to learn ?

There are many languages out there like Java, Perl, PHP etc. Pick any one of them and start learning though PHP seems to be the easier choice here because of its widespread use.

> I am not sure what kind of change would be unless change like example :
> In the file2 change a background because file3 got click on his page .
> example :
> Change file3 his one element ID , because file2 and his pal file1 got name from the user .

You can do all that and much more once you start off with server side programming. These server side technologies impart dynamic nature to the otherwise static pages and so changing the background color of a page based on a click on another page and much more complicated things are possible.

Ah ,Thanks a lot .
Any recommmandation for that language?

I use Java at work but PHP is simple enough to be picked up by someone who doesn't have any experience with server side languages. Ruby is also a nifty and cool language worth checking out. Take a look at the code snippets written in different languages and just go with the one you are most comfortable with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.