I am very new to json and havent used much ojects in javascript.

I have created a json object, and after i move through a couple of forms in my app i want to access that same object, is there a way to do it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
T

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

you can store that object in data base. and later you can retrive it.

why actually you want to do that ?

Thanx for taking the time to answer my question, i came across a javascript 'window' which allows me to set the variable for that window, so i can access it across any of my other pages.

There is no way you can access a Javascript variable set on a page on other pages. Just pass around the JSON object to the server and persist it in the client session if you need it across pages / requests. You can even process the JSON object at the server using the server side language of your choice.

I am sorry but i wasnt very clear in my initial post. :icon_redface:
I have and index page and inside that page using ajax the user has to fill out some forms, so if i set a variable to be available for the 'window' using 'window.variablename' in javascript i m able to access that in the other jsp pages, that are loading inside my main index page.

Thanx for the comments.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.