Hi all,
Actually, I had posted a thread in the php forum. But I don't know the javascripts and AJAX very well, so would like ask for help from anyone here.

The code below is originally from edit-in-place scripts. But this didn't work for my case. Does anyone know about this?

inside editinplace.js

function init(){
var max=50;
for(i=1; i<max; i++){
makeEditable('item_'+i ; );
} 
}

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You can't have multiple items with the same id. It is a W3C violation.

Hi MidiMagic,
ya I just know about that. But what should I do with the multiple id and the javascripts code? Since I have to loop it, that is harder for me without using a while. Besides that, I'm very poor in javascripts. Can you help on this? Thank you very much.

hi
you can access multiple controls as...

For i = 8 to 13

fileName   = LCase(load.getFileName("file" & i ))

Got it?

hi
you can access multiple controls as...

For i = 8 to 13

fileName   = LCase(load.getFileName("file" & i ))

Got it?

Hi sbv,
Thanks, but i don't get what you mean (forgive me because I'm quite blur)? :-/ mm.. is it related to uploading files? If that is the case, I don't need to upload any file.. and where should I place your code? the code you provided is in what language? ASP? For your information, I'm using PHP.;) Thanks.

Multiple items with the same id problem (edit-in-place)

this is your heading but you are telling you are using PHP. id is used at client side programming.

so what is actually your problem ????

what you want to do in PHP ??
your exact problem definition will help us to answer you quickly.

what ever sbv ^ has posted is a way to solve id problem. using this example you can solve your id problem. this is not the exact solution but a way how probably you can solve same id problem.

oh i see, because I don't really familiar of that code. mm.. maybe I should put edit-in-place using AJAX, Javascripts, and PHP problem. I'm sorry to confusing all.

So did you get the solution yet or not. If no then please elaborate your need.

Best Luck

So did you get the solution yet or not. If no then please elaborate your need.

Best Luck

Thanks, sbv. I had done what I want but there's another problem with me. There's a error on the page icon appears in my ie browser when i view the page. I don't know why...

inside the editinplace.js,

function init(){
var max=50;
for(i=1; i<max; i++){
makeEditable('item_'+i ); // after i remove the semicolon, i can get what i need. but i get the error on the page icon in the left bottom of the browser.
} 
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.