I'm not a developer so I won't even pretend to know what I'm talking about. I just loaded CF 8.0 & DWCS3 and i'm trying to load an existing website that uses CF. I'm trying to set a data source and was sucessful with one of the sites that uses an .mdb extension. The other data source i'm trying to set is a .mdf extension. Is this why I am unable to set the data source and if so how do i fix it?

This is the error;

Connection verification failed for data source: connTownsend
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

I'm trying to get it to work with MS ACCESS if that helps...

When you set your database with MS access we need VBA library so that we can edit source code and we can set data source using mdb file. When you try to make a connection to SQL Server 2000 by using the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver. To fix this problem first, you create code in the ADP to start ther, copy the data file (*.mdf) to the server, register the MDF, and connect the mdb to the server, now you define the MSDE Setup parameters, including the code page and sort order that the MSDE server should use. If still you get error that means your data is critically damaged. You can fix these error using compact and repair utility or Access repair software. You can use Stellar Phoenix access recovery tool which support all version of MS access. Using demo version you can check your repaired file.

Good Luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.