Hello,

I am currently having problems getting Coldfusion and SQL Server 2005 to connect on my home laptop. I have both installed correctly, I just cant seem to get the connection part down I keep getting this error from the Coldfusion Administrator.

Connection verification failed for data source: GTOTDsite
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The requested instance is either invalid or not running.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The requested instance is either invalid or not running.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Cody

Update:

Hello again,

I worked on this problem all night and found several "solutions". None of those worked completely but I did make progress.

The first problem I was having was making a connection to the SQL Server, which is what I am still having problems with. I get this error now when I try to make a database connection.

Connection verification failed for data source: GTOTDsite
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

I was also having problems logging in to the server but I did get that working completely now.

As I said I found sevral solutions but the one that helped me the most is here http://www.fusioncube.net/index.php/coldfusion-sql-server-express

Near the end of this article it says that I need to download a driver/jar for the SQL Server 2005 and put it in a specific coldfusion directory which I do not have in my coldfusion files. This is where I could use some help again,

Once again any help is appreciated.

Cody

hello,
Please Configure you Sql Server NetWork Configuration

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.