hi i have a simple form where users can upload only images ,i am storing the path to myql and actucal image to a folder on the remote server but when i submit the form iget the image path in my database but not the image in the folder the below code is simple example to my real project i hope i can find hel
the image folder is on the remote server and after uploding the image i need to display it on my site
all this process is working fine on localhost but when i put the page on the main server it does not work security wise i need to make changes if this example works can u plz tell what should i do

<?php

//This is the directory where images will be saved
 $target = "http://www.kamila.se/images/";
$target = $target . basename( $_FILES['photo']['name']);

//This gets all the other information from the form
$name=$_POST['name'];
$email=$_POST['email'];
$phone=$_POST['phone'];
$pic=($_FILES['photo']['name']);

include "databaseconn";

//Writes the information to the database
mysql_query("INSERT INTO `employees` VALUES ('$name', '$email', '$phone', '$pic')") ;

//Writes the photo to the server
if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['photo']['tmp_name'], $target))
{

//Tells you if its all ok
echo "The file ". basename( $_FILES['uploadedfile']['name']). " has been uploaded, and your information has been added to the directory";
}
else {

//Gives and error if its not
echo "Sorry, there was a problem uploading your file.";
}
?>
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="upl.php" method="POST">
Name: <input type="text" name="name"><br>
E-mail: <input type="text" name = "email"><br>
Phone: <input type="text" name = "phone"><br>
Photo: <input type="file" name="photo"><br>
<input type="submit" value="Add">
</form>

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you can't upload to a remote server unless you use ftp. the way you have it set up is for uploading locally to a local directory. i have never been able to upload to a remote server like that.

can u plesse guide me how to do i dont matter if its on remote server or loacl server as long as users can upoad there images to the disk(with security in mind) and then i should be able to display these images on my web page,may u plz tell me if its ok to have the image folder on your server
thanking you
jsoeph

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.