Hope i am posting in the right place. Any pointer will be helpful. Am a learner so pls bare with me.. Thanks for that :)

I was just wondering if i want to make a simple web apps (Say a user data will be saved to sql db) which of these should i use to make the code shortest(in length).. Should i go for c#.net or VB.net.. should i go for .net v2,3 or 3.5. This is basically a database related apps so is there anything special on these version of framework. Do they provide any special api to make is short..

I am from a java background and so i dont have much idea. Pls bare with me and pls try to provide me with any pointer.. Thanks in advance..

Judging that you are from a java background I might recommend that you use C# as your code behind to an ASP.NET 2.0 web site. This is beacuse C# and java have very similar syntax and you can apply object oriented principles you may know in Java to C#. Here is a great tutorial on C# with ASP.NET - these two technologies are designed to work very well together and they do!

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/validation/default.aspx#range

Hope this helps

I dont see programming as which approach is more or less coding so I wouldn't be able to judge. How you should look at it is which approach suits you better. I would argue that the approach I mentioned above would suit you well.

hmm thats true.. any clue of the frameworks related to my question.. does this framework did any notable change in database related api

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.