DevPatnaik 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,
I am very much new to the forum as well as to the .NET architecture.

My company develops software for protocol analysis and s/w's related to VOIP.We have our own PCI cards designed and developed which has to be bought by the client in order to run our software. The software has 2 portions server and a client.The server or basis application is developed in VC++ and client sw's are developed in C++ and VB as for now.

my company wants me to develope the same thing in .NET.
Can it be possible in .NET that the web based software be developed for users.The only problem which I see is how the web enabaled software will detect the PCI Cards installed in the client machines.

Because if the Client machines doesn't have the CARDS installed (provided by our company) then the web enabled software should not work.I don't know how far it is possible.
Please reply if you gurus can lay some idea on it.
Please state if the implementaion is possible?If possible is it only possible to develop the client software or the server sw can also be developed using this architecture?

eagerly waiting for ur replies.

thnaking you gurus in advance
regards
Dev..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.