Hi ,

i am working on vb forums and every thing was fine , but when i put the .htaccess file

this errors comes :

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email address removed] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

so i want to know why this happening ...

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Maybe you should post the htaccess file? IF you think that is really the problem

Yeah, there's most likely an error in the .htaccess file which is causing the problem; .htaccess is one of the first files the browser reads.

really i dont no if the htaccess the problem or not ...

If you remove the htaccess file, the problem is gone? Then it's quite clear to me what the problem most likely is...

I don't know if this is possible, but can it be that the server doesnt support htaccess?

yes, when i take the .htaccess file the problem will gone, but need this file

If it goes when .htaccess goes then the problem is with .htaccess.

Post us what you have in .htaccess and we'll tell you of any errors.

indeed, post your htaccess if you want us to help you

This is the .htaccess file :

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)/(styleid=(.*))$ showthread.php?&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/(showthread\.php)$ showthread.php?&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*)-new.html showthread.php?t=$3&goto=newpost&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*)-last.html showthread.php?t=$3&goto=lastpost&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*)-print.html/(.*)$ printthread.php?t=$3&%{QUERY_STRING}&is_vrewrite=yes [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*)-print.html printthread.php?t=$3&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*)-nextnewest.html showthread.php?t=$3&goto=nextnewest&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*)-nextoldest.html showthread.php?t=$3&goto=nextoldest&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^p-(.*)-post(.*)/postcount(.*).html showpost.php?p=$2&postcount=$3&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*)-page(.*).html showthread.php?t=$3&page=$4&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*)/page(.*).html showthread.php?t=$3&page=$4&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*).html/(.*)$ showthread.php?t=$3&%{QUERY_STRING}&is_vrewrite=yes [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*)/t-(.*)-(.*).html showthread.php?t=$3&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^f-(.*)-(.*)/misc\.php$ misc.php?&%{QUERY_STRING}&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^members/(.*)-(.*).html member.php?u=$2&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^u-(.*)-(.*).html(.*) member.php?u=$2&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING}$3 [L]
RewriteRule ^u-(.*)-(.*).html member.php?u=$2&is_vrewrite=yes&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
RewriteRule ^f-(.*)-(.*)/page(.*).html/(.*)$ forumdisplay.php?f=$2&&page=$3%{QUERY_STRING}&is_vrewrite=yes [L]
RewriteRule ^f-(.*)-(.*)/(.*)$ forumdisplay.php?f=$2&&%{QUERY_STRING}&is_vrewrite=yes [L]
RewriteRule ^f-(.*)-(.*)/$ forumdisplay.php?f=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}&is_vrewrite=yes [L]
RewriteRule ^search-(.*).html$ search.php?do=$1 [L]
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.