Hi everyone,

Don't know for sure if this is the right place to post the question, but it goes:

I'm starting a JSP project and I'm having some difficulties with Tomcat/Java configuration.

I'm using:
- apache-tomcat-6.0.16
- java_ee_sdk-5_05-windows

Directory where the code is located: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\ROOT\lw\
Directory where the beans are: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\ROOT\lw\classes (Here is the a directory called BD and a directory called beans).

-BD directory: with the class to connect with database.
-beans directory: Has java files with the rest of the code.

The problem is the follow:
I can't import "ligacao_bd.java" (import bd.ligacao_bd.* but it gives me an error: "package.bd.ligacao_bd does not exist"

I'm desperate for a solution.
Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Firstly thanks.
But the problem keeps happening. The import statement is still underlined (red) and keeps saying that package does not exist.

My file structure is fine now.. so I can't understand the problem.

if it says it doesn't exist, it doesn't exist. So you're missing those classes or don't have them in the right place.
NEVER try to second-guess error messages, they're correct (if sometimes a bit cryptic, which this one isn't).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.