Sorry to anyone if I made the mistake of "Thread Hijacking"...onto the issue

Attached is my Web.Config file. I am getting upto 6 different Unrecognized Configuration section issues...

I am converting from VB to C# using a product called CodeChargeStudio4, a product the company wants me to use. I have been able to resolve most of the other issues but I am down to these last 6...for now.

this is the error message when publishing to the web site - .NET...

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section authentication.

Source Error:

Line 79: <!--Authentication @0-D74B60F9-->
Line 80:
Line 81: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 82: <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx"/>
Line 83: </authentication>

Source File: D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\QA\im4\web.config Line: 81

Show Additional Configuration Errors:

Unrecognized configuration section membership. (D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\QA\im4\web.config line 85)
Unrecognized configuration section roleManager. (D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\QA\im4\web.config line 100)
Unrecognized configuration section compilation. (D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\QA\im4\web.config line 113)
Unrecognized configuration section httpHandlers. (D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\QA\im4\web.config line 130)
Unrecognized configuration section httpModules. (D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\QA\im4\web.config line 136)

again, the attached file is the web.config file...thank you for any advice or guidance...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

There are 2 <system.web> sections in your config file. Remove this -
<!--sysytem.web tail @0-49F1C7C6-->
<system.web>
</system.web>
<!--End sysytem.web tail-->

Then move the sections which are causing the errors to the other <system.web> section which also contains the <customErrors mode="Off"> setting.

I think this will solve your problem.

well, I tried to remove, everytime I re-publish it gets recreated so its something this application requires...any other suggestions?

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.