Stormbitch 0 Newbie Poster

Wow! Last time I posted on here, I found it to be the most comprehensive plethora of genuises on the planet. And hence it has become like an ambulance to me when I have a disaster on my hands.

I am trying to set up a system on my site which is done in ASP.Net which forwards PMB messages from the site to recipients email client.

My developers, who are 11 years old. Seem to think that in order to do this I need Microsoft Exchange on my server, and that I need to employ a team of 8 million coders to make this happen, all of whom must have blond hair and all be called Simon.

Now seeing as I am not asking them to write me code to "shave" CC Bill, or Access the personal computer of Bill Gates, or hack the Queens bank account. I thought I would turn to real experts.

The function of this module involves

User A sends User B a PMB message in the site
The site sends a copy of the message to User B
User B can read and reply in their email client
user A can also read User Bs reply in thier client or can read it from their control panel

From the examples I have seen operating it seems that the PMB forwards an email to the recipient with a unique number code in the subject line. This is then how the site regonises and forwards the email to the next person. To a coder... such as yourself surely there is an easy way to make this happen without eating one of my own limbs.

Perhaps you can let me know of any open source code/ forum or methods which I can research and shove into the rather empty brains of my asp "experts"

I love you and thank you in advance for your kind and brilliant giving nature :)

H

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.