Hey people,

I am doing BE IT from Pune University.
I have got a final year project in which i have to create a website in PHP. I dont have any knowledge about PHP, neither my group members.
So we have to start from scratch to do this project.

This project is to create a "wikipedia like website" which includes search engine as well as edit options for users, i.e. it should have similar features included in wikipedia.

I want to know whether i should take this project or not. Is it feasible to do this project for a group of four with absolute no knowledge of php??
Learning php seems interesting, but is it possible to learn and use it in "final year project", which is so important in future.

I hope to get help as soon as possible..
Also suggest some other BE level topics in IT, if you think this project is not feasible.

Waiting for HELP!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

With no knowledge, someone's going to end up with the short end of the stick. Which is what happened to me, but I think I'm better off because of it.

search engine is the best.... go through it...and add more features like user login,posting blogs,forums like that....

search engine is the best.... go through it...and add more features like user login,posting blogs,forums like that....

Search engine will be difficult to accomplish as first they have to learn "tools of trade".
As for wikipedia type of project it can be reasonable project to do, specially as you have to learn the language first and that have to be done fast to quote extend.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.